There are hundreds of posts out there with lists of “the top 50 side hustles”. This is not like that. I’ve read many of those posts, and they always include some “side hustles” that are a big waste of time! Here’s my list. I’ve narrowed it down to side-hustles that will actually make you money and are worth your effort.
1. Test Websites
companies need real people to test their websites, in order to make sure they are user friendly and free of mistakes. You basically use your phone, tablet, or computer to review sites. They will typically pay you via PayPal. There are several companies out there that will pay you to test. Here are a few:
- User Zoom – Earn $5-$10 per website test. Tests can be completed on your phone or desktop.
- UserTesting – Earn $10 per test to provide your live feedback of a website. Each test/task is usually only 10-20 minutes.
- Ferpection – This is a nice company to test sites with, because they don’t require you to speak or record your feedback. You just type it up and send it in.
- Test Birds – Earn $20 per test to test out websites, apps, and software.
- Validately – Participate in live tests and earn a minimum payout of $25 per test.
2. Teach English Online!
VIPKID is a company that provides English Lessons to Chinese Children via an online classroom.
As a teacher for VIPKID, you essentially video chat with a Chinese student, teaching him or her that day’s lesson. The company provides you with the lesson plans, slide shows, and everything you need. You just make the lesson fun and entertaining for the student. In 2017, Forbes ranked VIP Kid as the #1 Work from Home Company. NUMBER ONE! VIP Kid requires you to have a bachelors degree. It doesn’t have to be in education or childhood development, but you do need to have some experience with kids (that can be parenting, teaching Sunday school, babysitting, anything!)
I’ve done my research here. The reviews of this company are very high. They pay well, and they are a reliable company. If you are looking for a side hustle from home, this is an excellent option!
3. Start a Blog
Now, obviously, I’m a big fan of this one! But friends, seriously, there is a lot of money to be made in the blogging world. Here are a couple of examples:
– My friend, Taylor, makes over $10,000 a month by blogging! Yes, that’s not a typo. TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS A MONTH! And she’s really only working about 10 hours a week. If you love to write, jump on this train! Oh yeah, forgot to tell you…she’s only 21! WHAT?!
If you want to try it out, all I can say is – GO FOR IT. Honestly, right now, I’m not making a ton of money. But I am making some! And I fully believe that once I have more time to invest, I can make a good amount. Plus, I LOVE writing! Taylor has several courses and books you can choose from to help you get started. She makes it easy to understand with her step by step tutorials. Go here!
– My friend, Elna, is a Stay at Home Mom of Twins, making $6,000 + each month by blogging! She also has some great courses to help you learn to grow a blog audience. You can check them out here.
You can’t go wrong with blogging, friends. It’s fun, and a great side-hustle.
4. Offer your Services as a Small Business
The sky is the limit for services. We live in a very fast-paced world, and people are willing to pay you to do their daily tasks to save time. Some ways to offer your services as a small business include:
- Provide Lawn Maintenance
- Open an Etsy Shop!
- Start a T-shirt Business like Alley & Rae did!
- Offer Freelance Services via Fiverr.
- Offer Pool cleaning services. (Some people make bank off of this!)
- Become a Virtual Assistant.
5. Caption & Transcribe
This is the perfect side-hustle for introverts! Rev.com pays you to watch videos, and transcribe or caption the words! It’s interesting work, and you choose how much or how little you want to do each week. It’s a pretty simple way to earn $300 a week or more. Not too shabby, if you ask me! Check them out!
So that’s it. My short list of side hustles. Other bloggers will refer you to survey sites, but it’s really just a lot of effort for not a lot of money. Yes, every penny counts, but every minute counts, too. And my minutes, are worth way more than a penny, thanks!
If you’re looking for more ways to make extra money, check out this post on 5 Ways to MAKE money while spending money.
If you’re considering taking the Direct Sales route as your side hustling gig, be sure to check out this post first!
Do you have a side-hustle? Some of us call it a “Dave Job” (referring to becoming debt free with Dave Ramsey). What is it? Share with me!