Mother’s Day will be here before you know it! This year, Mother’s Day is on Sunday, May 13. Don’t be like everyone else, and find yourself scrambling 3 days before to find an acceptable gift. Mom’s work hard! They deserve to be spoiled on this day. Guys, you need to get something great for your wife…especially if your kids are young. And please, don’t forget your mom and grandma! They’ve put a ton of work into raising you, and they deserve a little something, as well. 🙂
If your family is low on money this year, DO NOT USE YOUR CREDIT CARD to get super expensive gifts. The mom in your life does not want that, I promise! There are several ways to show love without spending a fortune. You could cook your wife dinner (and clean up afterward). You could even take the kids and pick some wild flowers for your wife. You could help the kids with a craft for mom. Here are a couple of easy and thoughtful crafts that she’ll love (click on the picture to visit the site showing you how to make these cute crafts!) You can find even more on pinterest.
I spoke to over 100 women asking them what they REALLY wanted for Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day Wish List – Top 10
- Maid Service– Look up local Maid Services and have them come clean your home. Even just being a one time thing, it will be so helpful. It’s such a relief for a busy momma to come home to clean countertops and baseboards.
- Mom Time – This could be a massage, facial, pedicure, hair appointment, or dinner with friends. Don’t get creative here. Stick to my list 🙂
- Flowers & a Card – I know this seems lame. But it really is thoughtful…especially if you mom lives far away. She will appreciate the kind gesture. You can check out 1-800Flowers for good prices and good quality on flowers.
- Instapot – You can buy one on Amazon. These little cookers are all the rage right now, and we all want one. I promise.
- Personalized Gifts – Check out Shutterfly. You can personalize items pretty easily, and they are priced well, too! (PS – ALWAYS check retailmenot for a discount code. Shutterfly has deals ALL THE TIME, don’t pay full price!)
- Apple Watch – I am in love with my Apple Watch. Not only can I read my text on my wrist, it also pings my phone, so I can find it when I misplace is 20 times a day. It is a fitness tracker, heart rate monitor, phone, and watch all in one. Prices vary quite a bit based on which series you buy. You can research and decide what’s best. (The one I’m linking here is a series 3, but it’s also refurbished, so it’s not as expensive as most series 3s.)
- Rodan & Fields Bundle Ashley – I have been wanting this bundle myself, but as moms, we aren’t always quick to spend money on ourselves. This is a gift that your mom or wife will love and use! If you don’t know someone who sells Rodan + Fields, I’ve got you covered.
- Framed Picture – I made this collage of my kiddos and my nephew last year for my mom, and she loved it.
- Pop Socket – this is a very inexpesive option that you could grab for your wife in addition to a card and some flowers. I’ve been wanting one, myself. It’s a little tool that sticks to the back of your phone making selfies easier, and helping you to stop dropping your phone. They come in lots of cute styles, and you can order then on Amazon prime for less than Ten Bucks!
10. Robot Vacuum – guys. These are LIFE CHANGERS. The top of the line is Roomba, but we got this one, and it works so well! For less than half the price!
When I asked around, these were the gifts that moms were wanting. Most importantly, just make your wife, mom, and grandma feel special on this day. Let them know they are appreciated and their hard work is noticed.
Happy Mother’s Day!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.